Dresser Re-do

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Since my (almost) 3 year old daughter has been born, she has had this awful cubby hole thing to put her clothes in. It is now starting to rip at the seams and I am just really sick of it.  So when I found a dresser on craigslist for $10 I had to jump at it. I originally was going to paint it cream like the rest of the Kate's furniture, but then I decided that was too boring. So I went with a warm yellow color, and I really love it! It was actually really easy to do. All I did was sand it, prime it, and then paint it yellow. I have never refinished any type of furniture before so I'm sure that I did it all wrong, but it still looks great! Although, after crafting this week, I have decided I will definitely leave that up to Angie. It is just so not for me. I really disliked the whole process, but I am really happy that Kate now has a cute dresser for her room.


before: 



after:

5 comments:

  1. And what did Kate call this dresser when she called up grandma?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whitney, it looks soo good! I love it!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Glad I found your blog. Looks like you changed the knobs too? I was thinking about re doing furniture for the first time and you just inspired me! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh la la color me happy. Love it. It will brighten up any space with a fun bright touch of whimsey that says, " don't take life so seriously". :-)
    Pam @ BeColorful

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love for you to link it up to my party that is running now. Any linky goes.

    http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/2011/06/any-link-goes-party-running-now-summer.html

    Come strut your stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog contents © better together 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.